Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-06-2009, 10:17 PM   #1

New Here

Hello Friends

greetings!

This is my first ever post in the forum. I plan to get involved myself In wedding photography and i zeroed in onto Pentax K20D( definately Not Ca**** 1000D) after reading everyone's reviews about the camera.
members can you please suggest me:
about the lenses for k20D for weddings
Flash( Not very expensive please)for weddings
Battery Grip

Thanks In advance for your recommendations

07-06-2009, 11:30 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Welcome, you got a bit lost, I found your post in the camera review section.
Beginners Corner is a good place for you to hang out until you find your feet.
07-07-2009, 12:30 AM   #3
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
G'day from Australia.
Do you have a single camera to cover weddings? That makes a difference with lens choices.
Having 2 bodies gives you the opportunity to have 2 stellar zooms or 1 good wide zoom plus one telephoto prime, or whatever combination you like without having to worry about changing lenses on the job.

With one camera, you're probably going to need a fast wide to mid-telephoto zoom to cover the majority of your shots, and have a great prime in the bag ready to change into and do portrait shots. Here, you're probably limited to something like a Tamron 28-75/2.8, which is one of the sharpest and most economical fast lenses available. Otherwise the Sigma 17-70 is an option. There are many others, but you do need the ability to go to f/2.8 in many occasions, so be weary of this.

Flash? You just can't skimp on this one - it's indispensible for weddings - I'd advise only on flashes with high guide numbers and bounce and swivel capabilities, preferably P-TTL, but if you're conversant with manual flashes, this is another possibility. The Pentax AF-540FGZ is the most obvious example of such a flash. Or a Vivitar 285 manual variety is well recognised.

Battery Grip - you have only one choice - the D-BG2 - highly recommended.
Don't forget lots of high capacity memory cards, spare batteries for the camera and flash, tripod and flash diffuser. These are the bare minimum IMO for capturing weddings well.