Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-10-2009, 07:53 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
By the way, if you look at the third party adapters vs. the Pentax one (or even a K mount lens) you'll see a slight difference in the slope of the bayonet lugs. The 3rd party ones tend to be symmetrical, while the genuine parts have a difference between leading and trailing edges.

If you take a Dremel to the 3rd party part you can make the lugs look more like real Pentax - this helps with the 'turning too far in the camera' problem.

I tend to either select which mount I'll take or put up with the fiddling, but then I don't tend to change lenses -or even carry more than 1 extra- in the field.

Genuine Pentax on the left.

Dave IA

07-12-2009, 05:38 AM   #17
iht
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Wow, away for a few days and returned to find so many helpful replies! Thanks a lot.

It seems everyone has a different strategy of dealing with it: from trusting in God (yes, Jesus did say something like that in Matthew 5:45, so thank God indeed! ) to using the genuine Pentax adapter as instructed, to expanding the collection of lenses for each mount!

I think I'll just stay with using a genuine Pentax adapter and screwing it on/off every time for the moment. It's a bit cumbersome, I must say, but the other options are probably a bit too much for me, at least for the moment.

Nonetheless, I find everyone on this forum very helpful, and would like to thank you once again for all the suggestions.