Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-10-2009, 01:40 AM   #16

Original Poster
Thank you to everyone that gave me advise. Gave it a clean and then found that the diaphragm in the tele lense was sticking. We found that be jiggling the little trigger (sorry hard to describe) that eventually the diaphram came unstuck. Is there a lubricant that we can dribble down into the internal works that will prevent it from sticking eg graphite powder.

After fixing that all the photos I took today turned out great. Lookforward to exploring the forum further to learn more & more.

07-10-2009, 07:32 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Shine a bright light down the lens barrel so you can see the aperture blades, and I'll bet they have oil on them. I don't know of any quick fix. Typically, that is repaired with a CLA (Clean, Lube, and Adjust) at the neighborhood camera shop.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, computer, istdl, pentax help, photography, weekend