Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-13-2009, 06:52 AM   #1
Inactive Account

K200D Batteries

Hi, I have a K200D, it came with standard Lithium batteries. Is this the best way to go ? Or can I use rechargeables? What of these new Eneloop batteries? Is there one way that is better than others?

Many thanks
John

07-13-2009, 11:24 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
hi john......... i've used energizer lithiums.... aa... for quite a while with my k200d.... i don't use the flash very often in my shots..... i have not been disappointed to date...
being green is always a consideration... the sanyo eneloops come highly recommended by many here in our forum.... i've used rechargeables as well.... never had a problem...
check out the united states amazon page.... probably similar to yours in australia..
Amazon.com: Energizer L91BP2 E2 Lithium AA Battery ( 2 Pack ): Electronics
or ...
Amazon.com: SANYO eneloop 4 Pack AA NiMH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Batteries: Electronics
regards, dave m
07-13-2009, 11:35 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
you better get a set of eneloops, believe me
07-13-2009, 11:52 AM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Any rechargeable has voltage drop out under heavy usage and it can cause
problems. Lithiumís have an extremely fast voltage recovery time. Many non-
lithium users have experienced their cameras shutting down in the middle of
shooting but will not admit it was the batteries.

I have also found my K200d responds faster using lithiumís as in focusing and
long exposure "buffering" response times.

07-13-2009, 01:18 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I've been using Eneloops (and rebranded equivalents) since getting my K200D.

I'm completely satisfied with the performance so far (though I almost never use the flash).
I get hundreds of shots per charge, eventhough, as a new user, I fiddle with the controls and check shots on the LCD extensively.

I have noted that once the battery indicator shows a decrease from full charge, these batteries run down fairly quickly. But since they're low self-discharge and relatively cheap, having a second set to swap in is fairly painless.
07-13-2009, 01:22 PM   #6
Pentaxian

If you search this forum, you'll see a illion threads on the subject. Bottom line: the lithiums work great, but of course are not rechargeable. Alkalines basically don't work at all. Rechargeables wortkl greta *if* you get the irght ones: Sanyo Eneloops or other "low self-discharge" cells. Other rechargeables might have higher capacity overall, but don't maintain a high enough voltage for long enough.
07-13-2009, 11:29 PM   #7

Not sure I'm contributing much here, but I use Powerex Imedion (Eneloop "clone" I think?). Coupled with a good charger I think they last at least as long as the lithiums did.