Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-13-2009, 02:00 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Focusingproblems with k20d+tamron 18-200 F/3.5-6.3

Hey!

I´m wondering if anybody else have (had) problems with the (auto)focusing with K20D and Tamron 18-200 F/3.5-6.3?
After noticed this I have already sent the camera for updating and at the same time they fixed a focusingproblem, sent the lins and came back as "no problems". Now I have them both again, together, and waiting what will be said....

My other lins (Pentax 50mm/1.4) have no problems with (auto)focusing. knock, knock

Thanx for any answer!

07-14-2009, 10:59 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by HeG Quote
Hey!

I´m wondering if anybody else have (had) problems with the (auto)focusing with K20D and Tamron 18-200 F/3.5-6.3?
After noticed this I have already sent the camera for updating and at the same time they fixed a focusingproblem, sent the lins and came back as "no problems". Now I have them both again, together, and waiting what will be said....

My other lins (Pentax 50mm/1.4) have no problems with (auto)focusing. knock, knock

Thanx for any answer!
You may want to understand the nature of the autofocus problem and share that with us.
For instance; if the camera is having a structural front- or back focusing issue. You can measure that by making some test shots with open aperture along a centimeter. If that problem is consistent, you can compensate it with in camera settings.

Or, if the problem has to do with not finding focus at all, it probably has to do with low light autofocus, in which case your 50/1.4 lens delivers more light to the camera, hence making AF in low light better than with your zoom lens.

You must help us some more, knock, knock

- Bert
07-15-2009, 02:00 AM   #3
HeG

Original Poster
Thanx for your answer, bymy141!

For the moment it´s the same problem I had before I sent my camera for updating and fixing - the lins will not focus at all (full daylight in sun or not) and is not allowing me to press Shutter release button down at all.
The lins can work for a day or a while (15 min) before it starts not focusing, can´t do anything. Just trying to move the camera and find a "place" where the camera is focusing again - it can take a feeew minutes.

As I said, when I sent my camera for service they discovered a focusing problem and repaired it. What I can tell it was the "main pc board assy" that was changed.
07-15-2009, 02:30 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Hum, this does not sound too good....

All modern lenses have at the least some basic electronic components on board.
They are there for the camera logic to understand (amongst others): the make and type of lens, its focal length (interactive with a zoom) and aperture, etc.

Perhaps the electronic circuits in the lens are broken, perhaps that triggers (maybe permanent) malfunctioning of the body.

I would seriously have the lens examend on its proper working and circuitery.

- Bert

07-16-2009, 06:49 AM   #5
HeG

Original Poster
Today I heard that the service had not find anything wrong with my camera or linse. But, there is not everybody at work (holidays) and they just got a tamron-machine to work with. I´m now going to check whenever the linse won´t work and see if it shows somehow in the pics. And I´m not giving up, if this problem continues, I´ll have them both again for service - hopefully I then get either of them changed to new. Because this is not nice or fun. I just bought a expensive camera/linse and thought that they will work properly. Just have to wait and see.