Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2009, 02:00 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MoparFreak69 Quote
I am definitely working on my own style.
I already see some improvement on your work. That's good.

If you are a beginning in the Art of Photography, and serious about it, remember that you have a long way to go, before you find your personal style; I mean, you reach a state from where you are recognizable as "unique" amongst other artists. Think about, letīs say...Jackson Pollock. Do you recognize is unique style, the dripping tech? Now, how long did he took to finally find what makes him "unique" and distinct from other painters? and some people would agree that Photography is by far much more limited in what concerns to originality than Painting. After all, you are shooting Reality, not freely expressing your "inner world" on a canvas!

Sure photography, like painting, depends on some sort of instinct and you may be a "natural", but also relays heavily on technical knowledge that must be acquired by a learning process. Please spend as much time as you can reading about (watching) photography, both sides of the story: technical and artistic; if you really are committed to find your own style, you may well find it. Good luck.

07-18-2009, 08:30 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I really like the framing of the first shot. The rose seems to be pushing up from the lower left and it gives a bit of movement to the shot. I can also see that you are getting the idea of how a background can help set off and enhance your subject. Unlike Andi (and everyone is different) I actually like the slightly underexposed second shot. I also like the angle. The only thing I don't like (and again everyone is different) is the petal to the right is cut off and bottom left one is pinched by the bottom of the shot. This is really hard to get right, what you see in the viewfinder isn't exactly what will be captured. What I do is to err a bit on the side of caution and make sure all the subject will be captured, I can always crop the unwanted bits off afterwards. But other than that niggle it is a nice shot.

NaCl(keep up the good work!)H2O