Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-11-2009, 07:50 PM   #31
Inactive Account

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

With all the good things I heard in this forum as well as the database entries, I put a bid in on one of these on ebay and (to my surprise), I won. It's coming this week and I'm looking forward to taking my new camera and new lens on a two week motorcycle trip around the Great Lakes.

And, thanks for those used lens testing techniques. I'll use them.
Thanks

08-11-2009, 08:45 PM   #32

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Right about what I gave for mine. I think it is one of my best lenses to date.
08-11-2009, 09:14 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just took apart my M50 1.7 today to fix a sticking aperture lever. One of the last pieces to put back on when re-assembling is a ring that limits the throw of the aperture lever. To my surprise this little ring is not secured b anything, just the backside of the metal K mount. I believe that this is the source of the rattling with some units. There's nothng wrong with them AFAIK.

It's a piece of beauty inside. So simple. So precise.

QuoteOriginally posted by Snicky Quote
With all the good things I heard in this forum as well as the database entries, I put a bid in on one of these on ebay and (to my surprise), I won. It's coming this week and I'm looking forward to taking my new camera and new lens on a two week motorcycle trip around the Great Lakes.
I rode around Lake Michigan last fall. The landscape was stunning. If you are on the LP look out for Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. And the Mackinack Bridge is pretty special too. Enjoy!