Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-21-2009, 08:16 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well I did receive mine yesterday but I didn't post any up because I just grabbed my tripod and went straight to the Japanese Garden at my Community College to take some pictures. I went home pretty late and just dropped on my bed because I took some photos of my friends ride and stuff too. Here's some pictures of the tripod with my K2000/K-m =)

07-21-2009, 10:30 AM   #17
Forum Member

Original Poster
nice )))) i ordered mine today, should get it on thursday !!!!!
so tell me about your first impression and if you used it how is it?
07-21-2009, 10:52 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by acarpov Quote
nice )))) i ordered mine today, should get it on thursday !!!!!
so tell me about your first impression and if you used it how is it?
Well it came in a huge box from Amazon, and I opened it up and there was a smaller box inside which was my Tripod box with a bunch of brown recycling papers around it they used for padding.

I took out the silver box with a white font saying PROLINE on it, opened it and saw my tripod bag. The tripod bag is very neat and well stitched, I can see it lasting for a long time. The strap is firm and I can wear it all day without it hurting me.

I unzipped the bag and took out my tripod. The tripod itself is very light, it weighs over 2 lbs probably. The tripod feels sturdy and stable, there are these soft squishy padding that wraps around the top of each leg and one of them says PROLINE in front of it. At the bottom of each legs are rubber feet and hiding it are small metal spikes that you twist the feet for it to come out. Twist it in the opposite direction to hide them back so it doesn't wear out if you're using it on cement. Most of it is aluminum but there are some plastic too but the plastic aren't cheap and are decent. There's also a hook at the bottom of the long pole extension between the 3 legs, you can add weight to it to weigh down the tripod.

The best thing about this tripod is the cool ball head, you can adjust it to shoot vertically or horizontally and move the camera to shoot up and down, and what's best is there is only one lever you need to pop out to adjust this. I went on a photo shoot yesterday with my tripod at the Japanese garden in my community college. I am probably going to post the pictures up soon.

The ball head is decent and it's really fast to take out your camera from your tripod and re-attach it, there's this lever that you need to press along with another button to remove it, you just need to pop the camera back onto the tripod and the lever will pop back in it's place securing your camera.

This tripod is well worth the price for 44 bucks, this is the first tripod I have bought. My friend has a Sunpak tripod that I use before I bought my own, and all I can say is my tripod is much better than his for the money. I did research before I bought my tripod and because I ended up buying this tripod, I knew this tripod wouldn't disappoint and it didn't.

EDIT: Oh yeah, there's also a small compass on the tripod too, although I will probably never need it.
07-21-2009, 12:54 PM   #19
Forum Member

Original Poster
Tell me when you upload pictures !!!! i think compass is valuable to know where sun rises or sets in the morning if you want to set up in advance to shoot landscapes or sceneries, i would definetely use that.
Cool thanks for your thourough review!!!

07-21-2009, 01:05 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Yeap NP man, my photos are uploaded on my flickr located on my signature.

EDIT: GRRR! I forgot to turn off anti-shake before using my tripod on those shots, but they still came out good didn't they?

Last edited by LeDave; 07-21-2009 at 02:21 PM.
07-22-2009, 04:55 AM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by markdesmarais Quote
Can the head be removed if one wanted to upgrade?
Yes it can.
07-22-2009, 06:19 AM   #22

QuoteOriginally posted by joebob Quote
Yes it can.
thanks!

10 char

07-25-2009, 08:16 AM   #23

Gave in and bought one too. Amazon surprises me sometimes, it was ordered on the 23rd and delivered 24th, with free super saver shipping.
So far so good.
07-25-2009, 02:15 PM   #24
Veteran Member

I also gave in and ordered mine before all the prices go up again.
Ordered the Dolica through Amazon with free shipping.
Mine would be arriving July 28th.
I hope everything would be good 'coz at times you'll never know when you'll get a lemon.
I would hate to spend on return shipping for a replacement item.
I have read a lot about the Dolica and a lot more on the reviews on Amazon.
There are a lot of happy users.
I'm hoping to be one too!
07-27-2009, 09:17 PM   #25

Got mine last week. Took Amazon forever to ship. Free shipping, what more can u ask for. I got it for less than $15.00. No Kidding

Cant wait for weekend to be here
07-27-2009, 09:27 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by prinze18 Quote
Got mine last week. Took Amazon forever to ship. Free shipping, what more can u ask for. I got it for less than $15.00. No Kidding

Cant wait for weekend to be here
How'd you manage to get it for under 15 with Amazon?! Coupons?
07-27-2009, 09:27 PM   #27
pbo
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
I would hate to spend on return shipping for a replacement item.
I'm pretty sure Amazon does return shipping for free. Just fill out their form, and they'll let you print an UPS shipping slip that you glue on the box. I did that only once though, and it was some time ago...

Bo.
07-28-2009, 07:49 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Mine should arrive today and it is good as it is my day off from work.
I hope that it arrives on time as I can't wait to get it and assess it.
Maybe prinze18 got it for $15 by getting the amazon Credit card where you are entitled to $30 off the first time you use it.
Adding the $30 to the $15 he got it for makes $45 which is about the ballpark price for this tripod.
07-28-2009, 07:56 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pbo Quote
I'm pretty sure Amazon does return shipping for free. Just fill out their form, and they'll let you print an UPS shipping slip that you glue on the box. I did that only once though, and it was some time ago...

Bo.
This is good if this is true as it would be one of the firsts I have heard of that gives you free return shipping! Cool!
Others are kinda "order at your own risk" and if your order is less than $20, you would have already easily doubled the price of that item if you return it as what sadly happened to me with B&H.
I guess that will never happen again as I will never place an order to B&H ever again.
Twice they gypped me with an item without checking it out before shipping it therefore I got an item with missing parts twice.
I just wanted it to be done and over with so I never complained the second time and just pledged to myself that it will never happen again as that would be my last order from them!
07-28-2009, 01:30 PM   #30

QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
How'd you manage to get it for under 15 with Amazon?! Coupons?
GerryL was spot on.

If you are ok with signing on a a new CC then you can get $30 bucks credit on your first month's statement. You can also get FREE 2nd day shipping with Amazon prime for 3 months,if you sign up, but I am saving this freebie for another time since I am in no rush to get the tripod.

I have been eyeing on this tripod for months now, hoping the price would come down or amazon would have some ridiculous deal, finally pulled the trigger when I saw this "deal".

Not everyone might want to signup another CC but I was ok with it.

MAybe we all can do a photoshoot on dolica tripod....lol

I am so happy I can sing