Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-25-2009, 11:39 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great to hear how you like it. Yes, it is very user friendly.
In tracking mode, the K20 captures 75 % in focus. So yeah, it is a very capable camera.

I am not all that into, how you downsample. But I mainly just upload JPEG to Picasa site.

QuoteOriginally posted by eshoremoto Quote
Mike, I'd love to see some of your motocross pics. I do a lot more moto x than road racing now a days...especially since we have 2 tracks at home so it's much cheaper. How worried should I be about all the dust effecting my new unit? I have the pentax da 18-250 lens. I love the lens so far but I know it's not the wr version and I really don't want to screw up my new baby.
With the gasketing and self cleaning of the K20, I don't think you need to be too concerned about putting your Pentax in the grid. Just take due care, when changing lenses.
Here is one account, from another race photographer :
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/56275-coffee-spill...tml#post556771

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Hee, congrats, Eshore.

As you seem to be finding out on your own, don't be intimidated by all the controls: it's seen as an 'advanced' camera sort of thing these days, not to have it all hidden in menues, but having done some teaching, I think it's probably a lot easier for you to learn photography, this way: all the major functions are right there where you can look at and get to them. For a lot of purposes, it doesn't matter how fast the AF is if you have to take much more extra time just to tell the camera what to do.

Since the K20's aren't excessively-costly, I think they're great cameras to learn on. Less to unlearn or re-learn later.
Great tips

07-26-2009, 04:32 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by eshoremoto Quote
Nice MX pics! Are any of those with the BIGMA?

That would be great to hook up down there. I'm gonna try and make it. I'll touch base with you when it gets closer. I would love to get some shots down there.

Thanks
Several of them actually. I normally mark at least what lens was used but I guess I didn't for that gallery (need to fix that). Yeah, lets keep in touch.

Mike