Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-24-2009, 07:40 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Post processing help?

Ok so I have these 2 photos. I want to make them one I really like the highlights and look of the bottle in the darker one, but I also really like how the background kinda blanked out but isnt necessarily completely white on the lighter one. I like the shadow across the bottom that kinda breaks it up a bit. How would I go about creating this effect on the darker one or cutting the brighter bottle out of the bright one and pasting in the darker bottle? I got this idea on a whim and made due with the available light as the sun was fading fast but it was in the right spot for what I wanted to do. I probably should have used a tripod and locked the position the same so cutting and pasting would have been easier but I didnt so thats why Im asking for help now.

Attached Images

07-25-2009, 07:08 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Redo the shot with the camera on a tripod so that you can do an HDR rendering.
07-25-2009, 07:15 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
although wheatfield is correct, you can also modify carefully the contrast curves to achieve most of what you want, assuming you can;t go back and retake the picture.

If you clip a little of the highlights ( i.e. move the entire contrast curve to the left) it will remove more of the highlight detail, then you can let teh curve droop down in the middle to deepen the mid tones

clearly it only works to a point
Attached Images