Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-24-2009, 09:11 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Newbie with a k20d-black screen?

I just got a k20d and have been having a ball taking pictures of everything that stands still or moves. However, when I was taking multiple shots of a flower my one second preview stopped working. I reviewed the shot and it was black, no picture evident. I was using the green rookie mode so there were no settings to change. Why would the camera make all the appropriate sounds but not take a picture? There was still a file number as I reviewed it but the screen was black (beyond the information about the shot on the screen.) What did I do and how do I keep from doing it again?
Thanks in advance

07-24-2009, 11:30 PM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi and welcome here.
It's a bit of a mystery why that would happen like that.
Is the camera taking photos OK now?
Do those black photos have any EXIF data to report? (Av, Tv, ISO settings)
If so, do they fall within the range where you would expect a well exposed image? (ie could it be that somehow the exposure was totally inadequate, leading to a black image?)

Because there are just so many things that could have caused this we'd need to know more to be able to work that problem out...
07-26-2009, 01:47 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Post the "black" picture here with all the exif intact and members here can analyze it for you and probably tell you what's going on or what's wrong.