Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2009, 08:25 AM   #16
Forum Member

Original Poster
Pentax America

Well I got my adapter off Ebay. I paid $39, but I did that because I could get it in 4-7 days rather than the 14-17 days that Pentax offers for $7 shipping. That shipping is ridiculous. You have to pay $25 for second day shipping and there's no in between option. It's either 2 days or 2 weeks. They were in stock, though.

08-03-2009, 09:30 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentax does take its own sweet time shipping the adapter. It took me a couple of weeks to get mine, and almost all of that delay was them processing my order. The shipping itself only took a couple of days to arrive.

I agree that the only reason to buy the Pentax adapter off of eBay is to get it quicker if you're in a rush. But isn't slowing down part of the point to using M42 lenses?
08-07-2009, 05:47 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Scott_the_Artist Quote
Well I got my adapter off Ebay. I paid $39, but I did that because I could get it in 4-7 days rather than the 14-17 days that Pentax offers for $7 shipping. That shipping is ridiculous. You have to pay $25 for second day shipping and there's no in between option. It's either 2 days or 2 weeks. They were in stock, though.
Maybe they heard us complaining. I ordered one from Pentax on Monday via the "cheap" shipping and it was in my mailbox today.
08-07-2009, 06:17 PM   #19
Forum Member

Original Poster
I wonder if that's going to be the norm now. My adapter came in today also, but I ordered it on Sunday from an ebay seller. Pentax should really do something to make 7 day shipment the norm. I'm glad yours came quick, but I didn't want to take a chance. Plus, I got the original box from a few decades ago and an old $11.00 price tag on it. It works like a dream. It's very exciting to be able to put these takumars on now.

08-07-2009, 07:00 PM   #20

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kenhreed Quote
I bought a third party adapter from the LCS. It locked on to my k20d and could not be removed easily. In fact, I took it back, camera and all, to the LCS to have it removed by a technician. I strongly recommend that you buy the original adapter.
I couldn't agree more. Get the original Pentax adapter. I have read countless stories on this and other forums about adapter rings getting stuck on cameras. Spend the few extra buck and save yourself any potential stress.
08-09-2009, 09:25 AM   #21
Forum Member

Here's another vote for getting the original pentax adapter. I also got a third party ring, and ran into problems. The clip and (screw that "secured" the clip) ended up breaking off the ring and falling into my K10D.

Luckily I managed to remove the contents without any damage to the camera, but boy is that an experience I don't want to repeat!

Save yourself some frustration and get the original!

My $0.02.