Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-01-2009, 12:51 PM   #1
Forum Member

Nikon lens on Pentax body?

I found this on another forum that I'm not a member of during a google search, and I wonder how true this is. Does anyone else have experience with this?

it's found on this site, Manual Focus Forum / Roxsen Nikon/Nikkor to Pentax K adapter

the following is one of the comments on the pasted web page:

"Some Nikon lens fit directly to K bodies. I fit an E series 50mm (pancake) to my K100D and posted a photo of it on the board. I was going to slip a K mount on the lens but it fits pretty well without so I never bothered. I have also used the Nikon 85mm on my Pentax body. The idea of a Nikon lens to K body adaptor seems imposable as they are pretty much the same to start with."

Thoughts? Comments?

08-01-2009, 12:56 PM   #2
Damn Brit

There's a whole thread about this (with pictures) in the lens forum.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/60225-nikkor-lens-club.html
08-01-2009, 01:50 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yes, it's possible because the F mount is similar to the K mount, but not every lens will mount (some will only partially turn on the body mount but won't lock in--even more might only mount upside-down--although a few actually lock in. I occasionally do it with an Nikkor-S 50mm f/1.8 from my old Nikon F, as well as with some third-party F mounts. So far as I know it only works with certain manual focus lenses. I don't know of a running list of which lenses mount. I haven't heard of it happening with AF Nikkors, and of course Nikkors without a aperture ring can't be used.

Run a search on here, there are several threads on this topic and several Nikkor-on-Pentax enthusiasts here.
08-01-2009, 02:33 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Nikon Lens on Pentax body

I've heard that, even when it is possible, the Nikon lens is loose on the Pentax body.

Paul Noble

08-01-2009, 02:53 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
ok, thanks guys
08-01-2009, 09:04 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
nothing

(I just want to see if the signature works, this message has no relevant content.)
08-03-2009, 09:59 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by noblepa Quote
I've heard that, even when it is possible, the Nikon lens is loose on the Pentax body.
My experience with Nikkors-on-Pentax (which is admittedly limited to just a handful of lenses) is the opposite. Many lenses won't fit at all, some only partially rotate onto the body but are held so tightly that friction keeps them in place, and a few even lock in. I suppose some Nikkors might be loose in the K mount, though.
08-04-2009, 03:01 AM   #8

I just re-read this post and remembered I had an old Nikon e camera. On it was a 50mm Nikon lens . Tried it on the K20d and it fits(sort of) PLUS it takes a great photo in manual mode!! Fancy that eh??
I regard it as a bit "Heath Robinson" though as it isn"t clicked in place...but it works !!!!
Did a comparison with my Asahi Pentax 50mm M and the Pentax is the tiniest bit sharper.

08-04-2009, 04:01 AM   #9
Inactive Account

The Nikkor mount on both my F60 & D40 is smaller by only a few millimeters. Thankfully this means some Nikon lenses have a chance of fitting on. My guess is someone will eventually come up with a clever way to secure those lenses that don't quite click on. Will be a great day when I can finally start using some of those lenses with my K7.
08-05-2009, 07:05 AM   #10

Yes You Can .......

QuoteOriginally posted by petercrane Quote
The Nikkor mount on both my F60 & D40 is smaller by only a few millimeters. Thankfully this means some Nikon lenses have a chance of fitting on. My guess is someone will eventually come up with a clever way to secure those lenses that don't quite click on. Will be a great day when I can finally start using some of those lenses with my K7.
Peter You can use them...they just don"t "click". Why not use a file until it fits then tell us how you did it... Dave