Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-13-2009, 07:34 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You may want to check the various usage examples/reviews at cambags.com. May give you a better idea of what really fits in a bag rather than what the bagmakers say fits.

08-13-2009, 03:47 PM   #32
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Leaf Fan Quote
I actually find that I use a variety of bags, depending on where I'm going and what I'm shooting.
You know, I think you've got the right idea there.

I can't see using more than two bags, though. I just bought one at Best Buy that was on sale ($36) and it holds all my equipment with room for another lens or two up top. Plus I don't have to wait for it to be shipped to me. It's a Lowepro fastpack 100. When I outgrow it, I'll buy the Kata 467 and use the fastpack for outings where I won't need more than a couple lenses. I'm still tempted to go after that deal on Amazon with the mono-pod.

Thanks for everybody's help!
08-13-2009, 04:14 PM   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Scott_the_Artist Quote
It's a Lowepro fastpack 100.
Has that got any kind of rain protection?
I don't think it has but would like to be proven wrong.
08-13-2009, 11:33 PM   #34
Forum Member

Original Poster
Nope, you're right. No rain protection. I'll just carry around a trash bag or poncho for emergencies. I wouldn't have bought it if it weren't so discounted and if it weren't at a local store.

08-13-2009, 11:36 PM   #35
Forum Member

Original Poster
By the way, I love the Hal 9000 logo.
08-14-2009, 02:38 AM   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Scott_the_Artist Quote
By the way, I love the Hal 9000 logo.
Thanks, I love the "HAL 9000 movie".
08-14-2009, 04:57 PM   #37

I really like my Crumpler 6 million dollar home.

For one, their bags are really well made with a lot of customization and really comfortable to carry around. More importantly though, they look like REAL stylish bags and not just camera bags. This is especially true with the million dollar home series. You would never guess they were housing expensive gear without them. This is really important in two regards. First, it gives an extra, completely underrated dimension of security. A lot of these bags look like they carry expensive gear and people will take notice of that. There's a chance having a crumpler might save your gear. Just as importantly, you don't look as dorky carrying it around. I'm 22 and out a lot with friends, so admittedly this is important to me. However, this isn't something merely vein, blending in with the crowd is extremely important if you do any type of urban portraiture.

The million dollar home (and shoulder bag) might not be for you if you plan on carrying heavy 70-200 f2.8 lenses though. Though, I have no problems lugging around a k10d with grip (BUT my K-7 just came in whoo!), 77 limited, 50 f1.2, DA* 16-50, DA 40, olympus xa, and a K 135 f2.5.

08-14-2009, 05:24 PM   #38
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You can't go wrong with Lowepro or Tamrac. I have both and they are very sturdy and well made. Both have top zippers and interlocking straps. This comes in handy if your strap comes unclipped and flips forward, so your gear won't fall out because the zipper is an inner backup of sorts. Although I have one, I wouldn't buy another that doesn't have this double enclosure.

As for the weatherproof, I know the Lowepro I have has a pull out rain cover from the back pocket, that expands to cover the whole bag. My Tamrac doesn't have it, but it's a smaller bag and some of their big ones should come with it.
08-18-2009, 10:46 PM   #39
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I've been looking for a new bag and am currently leaning toward the Lowepro Flipside bag(s). I've tried the 100 which I don't think is available anymore and is at a local store here. It holds my K20 with a 70-300 lens on it with plenty of extra room for at least 3-4 more lenses. The larger sizes of course have more space. I like it for the security aspect as well as it being very compact.

Has anyone else tried the Flipside? I haven't purchased it so am still looking at whatever I can. The price is good on these too.