Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2009, 11:07 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What post-production software do you use?

I am a graphic design, so I have access to Photoshop. I think works well. I also understand levels and curves before getting into photography.

I look through the "Post your photos" section and found these:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/68518-todays-wedding-cli...0-do-work.html

I know that it takes a good eye and the right equipment. I am wondering what kind of post-production went into these. (They are awesome btw)

Here are some that took with a Tonina 28-70mm 2.8/F. I realize it isn't the best quality lens.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/68517-thanks-wallyb.html

I can't seem to get that sharpness or contrast. Most of my photos are well composed, but don't have that "wow" factor. Those photos look 3D to me.

Any advice?

Thanks

Last edited by bluebronco; 08-03-2009 at 11:14 AM.
08-04-2009, 01:37 AM   #2

Photoshop is fine especially if you have CS$. Must have been written for photographers, but your skills will not be wasted.
I assume you will be saving as PEF or DNG files. You will have more to work with and the effort will be well repaid.
08-04-2009, 07:16 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've used PS CS3 but with the new K7, Camera Raw for this version of PEF will not be supported. I am now trialing Adobe Lightroom 2.4 per PentaxForums "MEL" with very good success. All the tools I need are built into LR without the need to hop between applications for all the tools. For el-cheapo quick and dirty conversions I am very happy with FastStone Imaging for Windows.
08-05-2009, 10:10 PM   #4
Damn Brit

Thread closed, duplicate.

Closed Thread