Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-05-2009, 02:23 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Colorblindness

I find myself stupid doing photography when i'm colorblind but can't help it, too addictive

After the whole processing of my pictures, i always end up with people telling me my colors are wrong or missing... And its quite hard to fix by myself cause i can't see those colors properly.
Is there a way i could work around that little issue?

08-05-2009, 02:44 PM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I can't offer much other than to limit what you do to your photos. Stick to cropping, sharpness, curves and tools that don't drastically change the colours coming out of the camera.
08-05-2009, 02:44 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Shoot in black and white? Or, work with a friend to help develop a color profile which gives a visual representation which matches what you see.
08-05-2009, 03:15 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I met a wedding photographer that was colorblind. He used a number scehme in PS to adjust his shots. He would hightlight an area , get the number and use that as a basis.

08-08-2009, 09:25 AM   #5
Banned

You are not the only one. I have the same exact problem and it is very frustrating. Maybe we should start a Colorblind Photographers Club.
08-08-2009, 11:48 AM   #6
Veteran Member

There was another colorblind thread recently...but I will re-iterate that I usually have my girlfriend check my colors.

I've also been shooting in high contrast black and white mode lately; for some forms of photography, I like it better.
08-08-2009, 12:30 PM   #7
Veteran Member

dont edit so hard. over time you will be used to identifying and matching colors instead of trying to replicate how a color is perceived by someone else.

the main thing I have learned over time is: don't edit so hard. unless you are getting into sme kind of digital art, photos actually need very little touching up.

HOWEVER...yeah you should put photoshop through all the gears. Its damn fun. But I wouldn't turn over any photos for money if you have heavily 'chopped em