Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-05-2009, 08:30 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Use Pentax ME Super without battery?

Sorry if this is a stupid question:

Can I take photos with the Pentax ME Super without a battery? I'm thinking of getting an old Pentax ME Super from a second-hand dealer. I understand for the light meter to work you'd need a battery, but I already have an external light meter. Would the shutter mechanic work without a battery?

Thanks in advance.

08-05-2009, 08:34 PM   #2
pbo
Veteran Member

It will work either at 1/125 sec or bulb - other speeds are controlled with electronics. So, you are left with shutter speed priority camera
Good thing is, those batteries are neither rare nor expensive - a couplea bucks for a pair (they're called LR44 if I'm not mistaken)
08-05-2009, 08:40 PM   #3
iht
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Ah, I see. Thanks for that. I'm from Australia, so hopefully I'll find those batteries somewhere if I do decide to get it.

Btw, that was a very quick response!
08-05-2009, 10:34 PM   #4
pbo
Veteran Member

Well, it's summer... I have a homework for school due tomorrow, so I'm sitting at home and doing it. On the other hand, it's so boring I can't concentrate on it for more than 5 min. Guess what I'm doing the rest of the time