Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-06-2009, 04:07 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Back focus ? lense vs. body ?

Howdy'

I sent my da* 50-135 for evaluation because I feel there is a back focus issue with it.

They called my back yesterday telling me that they did not found any back focus issue with it; they are asking me to send them my K200D to check the lens with it.

I don't have any issue with the K200D and my 40mm ltd.

Could it be a SDM problem with the body (bad connections)?

I will probably give them my K200D body just to be on the "safe" side and have them check it out (and also do a bit of cleaning, sensor, focus screen, ... maybe that's the issue ?)

Thanks for any inputs.

Max

08-06-2009, 04:41 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Each lens has to be caliberated with A particular body. The lenses pass quality if they are within the +2/-2 focal points of the ideal. When you send your camera body, the camera will be caliberated to work with the body. Rest assured it will not modify your accurate settings with the 28mm
08-06-2009, 09:50 AM   #3
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
All of my lenses require some degree of calibration on both of my K20ds. One body BF slightly, the other FF. Assuming that cameras are held to the same +2/-2 standard as the lenses that means you could have as much as -4/+4 error with a particular body/lens combination. Generally speaking, that amount of error is only visible when pixel peeping. Having said that, and being the obsessive-compulsive, anal retentive, pixel peeper that I am, not having a body that allows focus correction is out of the question.
08-06-2009, 04:45 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I dropped my K200D at the store today ... hopefully they will "see" that there is a slight problem with the K200D and the 50-135, and will be able to calibrate something and will be as precise as possible.

anyway, I'm pentax-less for a couple of weeks; if I'm really desperate, I will get a couple of film rolls and put them in my old spotmatic.

now, I will enjoy the simple life of the Sigma DP1.