Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-08-2009, 03:39 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
I think this version (4.6) of Adobe Camera RAW still works with CS3 and works with all the Pentax cameras except the K-7:

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Camera Raw 4.6 update

You can download this separately from other CS3 updates. It also comes with a DNG converter program that can convert your PEFs to DNG files. I use this to batch-convert all my images. I have a batch file that copies files from the card to the computer, runs the converter to create a compressed DNG version and moves the PEF version to a backup drive. The DNG version is my working copy. For my camera, the DNG is smaller, though later cameras compress the PEF.
It works!
I salute you!
*salutes*

08-08-2009, 10:24 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by AndrewG NY Quote
A lot of people here wouldn't consider the K100D recent anymore. The more recent cameras allow either DNG or PEF.
That was my point - Ash said that all Pentax cameras are capable of shooting DNG or PEF. This is clearly not the case, and if the OP had an older (pre-K10?) model, that statement might lead to some confusion!

All recent Pentaxes allow both, and my K100 does not, hence, I'm not calling it recent.