Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-09-2009, 04:26 AM   #16
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Exacly what kerrowdown said. It's not that I would trust a 32 Gb card less. Just that if a card does fail, then you only loose a 100 shots or so. As most here know I do wedding every week and carry 10 4Gb cards to each project. I don't always fill each 4 Gb card. Just switch them when nothings happening and the card is half full.

I've never had a Sandisk card fail but I've had 2 cheapo Ebay cards that were unrecoverable and a Lexar that I got the files off but could never use the card again.

Every year I get 3-5 new cards and retire the older ones just in case. It simply seems illogical to charge someone $four figures and risk a cheap card or everything on one card. There's always time to swap them out. Cards are so much cheaper than film when you consider the cost to shot ratio over the life of one card.

08-09-2009, 08:02 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
For me SanDsk Extreme III's work fine, but remember "all your eggs in one basket", should one card fail all will be lost.

Thats why I choose to continue with multiple 4 gb cards and time the change over to suit.
I applaud this strategy. I lost a full days shooting in Istanbul of the Bosphorus, the Hagia Sophia, and the blue mosque at night. Not happy.

Card was nearly full, took one more shot and the whole lot disappeared and the card became unreadable.

AFAIK, there are only a couple of actual memory manufacturers. I know that San Disk is one of them.

Currently shooting with one 8gb, and several 2gb San Disk cards. I keep the 2gb SD cards as many of the SDHC cards cannot be read by older computers - important when downloading in older internet cafe's.

Has anyone used the Wifi cards? Any word on reliability?
08-09-2009, 08:41 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clarkey Quote
I applaud this strategy. I lost a full days shooting in Istanbul of the Bosphorus, the Hagia Sophia, and the blue mosque at night. Not happy.
I recently uncovered a roll of film I had taken many years ago in Constantinople. When developed, however, they turned out to be photos of Istanbul!..... very strange.
08-09-2009, 08:48 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by raymeedc Quote
I recently uncovered a roll of film I had taken many years ago in Constantinople. When developed, however, they turned out to be photos of Istanbul!..... very strange.
Strange music ringing in my ears for some reason.......