Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-11-2009, 05:00 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Here's the same one (O-ME53) but from Tri-state Camera.
Costs $35 too with free shipping!

Pentax | O-ME53 MAGNIFYING EYEPIECE FOR ALL PENTAX DIGITAL SLR BODIES *FREE SHIPPING* | 30150 | Tri-State Camera, Video, and Computer

08-12-2009, 11:12 PM   #17

Original Poster
Thanks GerryL I picked one up because I don't like having my face against the back of the camera either when I was trying it out. Found the deal on Amazon for the battery grip too, although from another supplier which was cheaper after the shipping compared to Beach Camera. Thanks everyone for all your advice now i just have to wait for everything to come in .
08-13-2009, 08:34 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by GerryL Quote
Here's the same one (O-ME53) but from Tri-state Camera.
Costs $35 too with free shipping!
Thanks for the link!
08-13-2009, 08:37 AM   #19
Site Supporter

O-me53

Would anyone who has one of these like to comment on the advantages and disadvantages vs the standard eyepiece? Thanks.

08-13-2009, 11:29 AM   #20
Pentaxian

It doesn't make a *huge* difference, but a noticeable one, and I do find I get more in focus shots with it than without it when focusing manually in difficult conditions. Main disadvantage is that - especially if you wear glasses - you might find it hard to see the whole frame at once, meaning you have to be careful about composition. And you might have to look harder to see the vinewfinder info display. Not everyone has this problem - depends on the shape of your face and how you hold the camera as well, I gather. It's all about how far your eye is from the lens of the eyepiece.

A nice bonus is that it keeps your nose off the LCD a bit better,
08-13-2009, 02:27 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
Thanks for the link!
No problem Marc and mercyreaper.
Glad to be of help and so long as I am really interested on an item, I really google for it relentlessly and also google the pros and cons of it.
That is what all we are here for isn't it, to help each other out!
I just hope you guys don't buy it all when I finally decide to get one!