Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-12-2009, 09:12 AM   #1

Turning Camera On With No Lens Attached

Is this bad to the camera? I have a K100D Super, it came with the On/Off switch on the On position but had no batteries. I didn't know it was on the "On" position and insterted new batteries. The camera doesn't turn on and the top LCD displays a "blinking" battery. Note that it has NO lens attached.

Is there anything wrong? Will it turn-on no problem when I attach the lens?

Thanks!

08-12-2009, 11:59 AM   #2
Damn Brit

Turning it on without a lens on isn't a problem. If the body cap isn't on, it can increase the chance of dust getting onto the sensor because of static electricity.
What batteries were you using? The K100D does have issues with some batteries.
08-12-2009, 12:54 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, wait a minute Damn Brit.

First, Ramomar tell us how much frosting from your birthday cake may have gotten in the battery compartment when you installed the batteries without completely washing and drying your hands.

Oh I am just some other jackass havin' some fun with ya.
08-12-2009, 01:03 PM   #4
Banned

attach a lens and find out.

08-12-2009, 01:12 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
attach a lens and find out.
Put good batteries first.
08-12-2009, 01:41 PM   #6
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Nowhere Matt Quote
Well, wait a minute Damn Brit.

First, Ramomar tell us how much frosting from your birthday cake may have gotten in the battery compartment when you installed the batteries without completely washing and drying your hands.

Oh I am just some other jackass havin' some fun with ya.
How did you know it was Ramomars birthday from that one post? Who the hell are you, Poirot?