Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-07-2009, 09:18 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by rustynail925 Quote
is this ok??

HOYA 52MM Circular Polarizing Filter
Looks like it. Do realize though that this is hardly an essential item for photography. I'd wager most photographers never use one, and even most of the ones who do probably use it for less than 1% of their pictures. It's probably a very tiny minority of photographers who use one often. So don't be in a hurry to buy it just because you have this notion the you're supposed to have one.

09-07-2009, 08:18 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Original Poster
yeah i think so. thx marc for telling me that.
09-08-2009, 01:18 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nass Quote
Hello Rustynail

The size of the polariser is usually dependant on the lens, not the body. If you find the technical details online of the lenses you bought in your package that should tell you. Off the top of my head I think it's 49mm & 52mm for the 50-200 and 18-55 respectively, but I don't have my stuff with me so don't take my word for it, I'd rather someone doublechecked this with the actual lenses
The best way to see what diameter of filter you need is to look at the lens you are going to put the filter one...

i.e. the front of most lenses (at least all the ones I own) give the lens diameter right on the front.
09-08-2009, 05:44 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nass Quote
The size of the polariser is usually dependant on the lens, not the body. If you find the technical details online of the lenses you bought in your package that should tell you. Off the top of my head I think it's 49mm & 52mm for the 50-200 and 18-55 respectively, but I don't have my stuff with me so don't take my word for it, I'd rather someone doublechecked this with the actual lenses
It's 52mm for all versions of the 18-55, and for the original and "L" versions of the 50-200. The new WR 50-200 is the only one of these that uses 49mm instead.