Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
I can be REALLY cheap, er frugal....

Todays prices (approx only)
K10D $450
18-55 $75
SMC-A 50 f1.7 $50
Tamron 70-300 $175

so, $750 for a three lens K10D kit, more or less depending what prices you can find on the used market. This gets you started, then, once you know what gear you need, upgrade.
Wow, find me a buyer. My K10D was in the marketplace at $350 with a focusing screen, nothing but lowballers, and I'm planning to put my Tamron 70-300 up for $140 later this week.

08-19-2009, 01:32 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by soycory Quote
Hello,
I am about to buy my first pentax. Obviously, I would like it to be a K7. Anyway, the problem is - I'm poor - . I don't mean living on a slice of bread a day poor, but poor enough that I can't shell out $1200+ for a body without lenses. I know how to operate a camera, and I know I wouldn't be happy with a k1000 and a k200d costs about the same as a k10d (at least where I am looking). Since I can't afford the latest and greatest I am going to be using the k10d with one lens for a while. What lens would you recommend for the best performance/value ratio. I undestand that to get the best perfomance I need expensive glass, but since that is out of the question, what do you recommend. Thanks
You don't say, how much you can afford. But I think, the humble kit lens 18-55mm would be a good start. If you have a bit more money, I would opt for the 16-45mm, which is a very good lens, and the 16mm shortest focal length, really make a very noticeable advantage over the 18mm of the kit lens.

Ben