Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-18-2009, 04:04 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Has anyone tried a K100D battery grip ?

Hello from Maine,

I see there are grips coming out of China for about $50 shipped on eBay

I have used a Targus grip on my Nikon camera and can't recommend it enough, it's spectacular.

But these grips I found for the K100D are no name, one has a white label, one has a black label, and another has a vertical shutter release button.

They claim to contain a rechargeable Lithium battery of 2200 Mah / 6 volts and make the bold claim that you can get 2000 shots per charge.

I actually get that much easily with my Targus grip and two Nikon proprietary lithium batteries so it is conceivable I guess ...

I just wonder if anyone here has tried one ... or if I'm going to be the guinea pig

(pics are not mine)

Thanks !
Craig

08-18-2009, 06:02 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I like my Travor grip a lot. This thread will answer some of your questions.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/camera-studio-accessories/33069-k100ds-battery-grip.html
08-18-2009, 08:31 PM   #3
Veteran Member

The other one that has a vertical shutter release button is just s grip and has no rechargeable batteries inside it.
It looks the best of all that are offered although it defeats the purpose of the battery grip as it is not an actual battery grip.
This is the Dicain grip.

Last edited by GerryL; 08-18-2009 at 08:39 PM.
08-18-2009, 08:38 PM   #4
Veteran Member

The ownuser battery grip is an actual battery grip but all the wires would be exposed.
I was talking about the other battery grip that has only one vertical shutter release unlike the ownuser which has two with one on each side (vertical shutter release).

08-20-2009, 06:29 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
OK, like "audiobomber" I ordered the Travor P100, the grip pictured above. It has no vertical shutter release but was only like $47 shipped and has a rechargeable lithium battery in it

I also ordered a 2.3X Magnifying Eyepiece that will hopefully help with the manual focus lenses.
08-21-2009, 03:30 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Congrats with your purchase!
I know you will be happy with the O-ME53.
If the battery grip did however look like the Dicain I would have been tempted to buy it..but alas, the Dicain looks good but isn't a battery grip and defeats the purpose.
08-21-2009, 03:31 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by spystyle Quote
OK, like "audiobomber" I ordered the Travor P100, the grip pictured above. It has no vertical shutter release but was only like $47 shipped and has a rechargeable lithium battery in it

I also ordered a 2.3X Magnifying Eyepiece that will hopefully help with the manual focus lenses.
Show us how it looks on your camera and how it performs.
You can post it on this thread too.
08-24-2009, 10:23 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hey! I had the K100D but it had a dim pentax-mirror that didn't work well for manual focus. I swapped it for a *ist DS which has a Penta-Prism

I got it today and I can see clearly! It's a great camera

The viewfinder is not as big as the K1000 but it's just about as bright. I love it.

Now, why the F**K did they shrink viewfinders in the first place? A tiny viewfinder in an SLR is like a tiny windshield on a car! I'm mad! Over time viewfinders should be getting bigger, not smaller!

Cheers,
Craig