Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-29-2009, 02:19 AM   #76

STRONG OPINION. At under $400, the K2000 is best DSLR buy on the planet. Very easy to use with high ISO and completely customizable.

09-29-2009, 01:40 PM   #77
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
I will totally disagree with most posts ;0

The K2000/K-M, hands down. It has 90% of the IQ and leaves huge budget room for glass, which is the main point of a DSLR. The learning curve is forgiving and a perfect transition from P&S.

With the extra $$$ you can get a zoom or WA lens, or get a prime (FA 50 to start for the big aperture) and really understand photography. It's also light and comfortable.

When choosing, the camera body is third behind technique and glass. I started with Nikon, but the VR lens costs threw me. Same for Canon. It was between Pentax and Oly, but I wanted lower light performance, so I went to APS-C with an FA 50.

There are stunning photos with the kit lenses of all makes, so don't break the bank. If the kits lens is not quite what you want, I would suggest the Tamron 17-50.

Build the hobby slowly and the regards are much better than buying the a shooter in a brand right away. more people get turned off DSLR's because they over-buy for their needs and budget.

If you can wait, the K200D replacement, but as an early adopter, you'd pay premium pricing. If you can find a well-discounted K200D, you cannot go wrong either.
I completely agree, do yourself a favour and whatever Pentax you get, start with a FA 50mm f1.4 or Tamron 28-75mm f2.8. You're pretty much set at this point.
09-29-2009, 01:43 PM   #78
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by happygodavid Quote
I have decided on purchasing the K20D. It seems to be a better long-term solution for my needs. Thanks to everyone who gave freely in the opinion department. I was overwhelmed at the number of helpful responses. I can see I have joined the ranks of a passionate community of brand-loyal Pentax owners. I'm pumped.
Congrats on the decision.
You won't be disappointed with this very versatile body.
Enjoy it! And don't be a stranger... get online once in a while...
02-19-2010, 08:46 PM   #79
Inactive Account

Get the K20d...its amazing......now if your not in a rush ...wait a bit and get the K-7 u wont regret it

02-19-2010, 09:17 PM   #80
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by perception-of-light Quote
Get the K20d...its amazing......now if your not in a rush ...wait a bit and get the K-7 u wont regret it
You may have a perception of light, but not of time. This thread is over 4 months old. He bought a k20d in sept of 2009.

(you posted without reading the thread didn't you. )
02-20-2010, 07:47 AM   #81
Inactive Account

PentaxPoke......do You enjoy heckling me???? instead of supporting me or mayb even just giving me the heads up on how all this forum stuff works...you constantly use sarcasm to some how get your point across to me on all my threads.......I may b young but im not an idiot .... NO I DID NOT POST WITHOUT READING .... i was trying to light the forum with my post so that i can get rid of this annoying status that says "new member" and as i notice ..yes it was probably a mistake to do that on this thread..so yes i apologize for that ...but like i said in another thread...looking 4 support ..heckling does not help

Last edited by perception-of-light; 02-20-2010 at 07:48 AM. Reason: i cut off part of a senctence
02-20-2010, 11:22 PM   #82
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
i was trying to light the forum with my post so that i can get rid of this annoying status that says "new member"
You've already been told in another thread that you reach "Pentaxian" status after 1,000 posts. You have 22. Your plan is to post 978 more worthless (and horribly misspelled) comments on threads that died five months ago? I'm new to this board, but I was posting on Usenet before you were born. Try lurking for a while. You'll learn a lot and when you're ready to start posting, you'll find it's a lot easier to get your hands on the keyboard when they're not impeded by a foot in your mouth.

02-21-2010, 12:51 AM   #83
Veteran Member

PentaxPoke......do You enjoy heckling me???? instead of supporting me or mayb even just giving me the heads up on how all this forum stuff works...you constantly use sarcasm to some how get your point across to me on all my threads.......I may b young but im not an idiot .... NO I DID NOT POST WITHOUT READING .... i was trying to light the forum with my post so that i can get rid of this annoying status that says "new member" and as i notice ..yes it was probably a mistake to do that on this thread..so yes i apologize for that ...but like i said in another thread...looking 4 support ..heckling does not help
Heckling? I replied to you once. What are you talking about? Also, did you see the and the ? Around here that is a bit of sarcasm, and fun. No one was heckling you.

You may have a perception of light, but you need to get a perception of reality.
02-21-2010, 06:27 AM   #84
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Another vote for the K20D and at current prices I'd get a couple.
02-21-2010, 08:02 AM   #85
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Glarus Quote
You've already been told in another thread that you reach "Pentaxian" status after 1,000 posts. You have 22. Your plan is to post 978 more worthless (and horribly misspelled) comments on threads that died five months ago? I'm new to this board, but I was posting on Usenet before you were born. Try lurking for a while. You'll learn a lot and when you're ready to start posting, you'll find it's a lot easier to get your hands on the keyboard when they're not impeded by a foot in your mouth.
Thumbs up on this! There is enough redundancy in forums, we do not need fill-posts to reach a certain "level". What is the use of that, even to the person getting this level?

Ben
02-22-2010, 09:24 PM   #86
Inactive Account

ok seriously!!! Pentax Poke I apologize... I really used the wrong person to take my anger out on...I want to be mature about it... so i would like to offer you an apology ... Actually everything on this thread sort of came out all wrong...i just hate how i make an honest mistake and then every member out there with a little spare time decides to bash me....Example.... GLARUS...... if anyone took the time to read some of my other post you can tell that not everything i do is a mess. I have been trying to reach out to the online community for a wile but in my first week of this experience i have not had a pleasant one. if you even look a this same thread there are users that replied yesterday that seems to know what hes doing and just made the same mistake i did.... Pentax Poke again i am sorry.... i was so steamed up with some of the dumb things people were bashing on that wen someone like you just trying to have some fun came along...i sort of went off the end. hahaha and ummmm just putting this out their ...(pentax poke) dont use my user name to insult me!! yes i admit its funny but it drive me crazy...well no harm no foul... Sorry again Pentax Poke..i look forward to maybe even talking a little more extensively with you....But for now...i log off making it known that i will try my hardest to prevent situations like this...even though it is impossible that it will never happen again........and umm GLARUS.....yes i can read very well thank you i know that ADAM himself told me how this crap works ...your insult was just a tad bit redundant...maybe you actually are in need of a foot in your mouth ...and just because i am new to this internet networking game does not mean im inexperienced to the PHOTOGRAPHY GAME which i think matters the most....well i assure u this ends here....GLARUS that comment was with all the respect in the world just needed that last moment of redemption ...but no hard feelings and we are all adults...my apologies and hope everyone has a good day... including GLADUS hope to talk more in depth with you guys.....
THIS IS ~Joe~ SIGNING OFF

Last edited by perception-of-light; 02-22-2010 at 09:27 PM. Reason: type error
02-23-2010, 12:34 AM   #87
Veteran Member

No harm, no foul Joe. Welcome to the forum. How can we help you?

(And please be aware that we enjoy a bit of sarcastic humor sometimes here. You have to be able to take it, and give as good as you get. )
02-23-2010, 01:31 AM   #88
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by happygodavid Quote
Pentax K2000
Pentax K200D
Pentax K200D replacement
Pentax K20D with current price drop
Nikon D60

Let the opinions flow!

Thanks!
My STRONG OPINION: forget about those and get a K-x!
02-23-2010, 06:56 AM   #89
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
if I could wait...

550D perhaps