Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-26-2009, 02:46 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Shooting in raw

A second problem. I had been shooting in RAW and opening up in PS Bridge. Loved it, but recently when I use the black slider all the black goes electric blue? I was using this slider to darken my black back drop, but now cannot use it due to the aforementioned problem. Has any one else had this prob, and if so, can it be fixed??

08-26-2009, 03:51 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I think you will find the blue is a "clipping" warning that will not be present on the processed picture.
08-26-2009, 03:52 AM   #3

Sorry but I do all my darkroom stuff on the highly advanced program of Iphoto. :-) Have you tried the help section of PS or even Googled your query?. Let me know the result as black is not electric blue (nice colour though !) David
08-26-2009, 04:21 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
I think you will find the blue is a "clipping" warning that will not be present on the processed picture.
Indeed.

The bright blue shows that the levels are too low - it is only a preview.

Clipped highlights are represented in red. If you want to turn this off, click on either of the small triangles which are at each side of the histogram in the top right hand side of the screen.

08-26-2009, 07:16 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by trishytee Quote
...recently when I use the black slider all the black goes electric blue? I was using this slider to darken my black back drop, but now cannot use it due to the aforementioned problem.
This is not a problem. This is a feature that highlights the areas of the picture that are 100% black. There should be a pair of widgets in the histogram that turn this on and off for blacks and for whites.
08-26-2009, 07:20 AM   #6
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by trishytee Quote
A second problem. I had been shooting in RAW and opening up in PS Bridge. Loved it, but recently when I use the black slider all the black goes electric blue? I was using this slider to darken my black back drop, but now cannot use it due to the aforementioned problem. Has any one else had this prob, and if so, can it be fixed??
click on the little arrow at the topleft of the histogram
08-26-2009, 10:40 AM   #7
Moderator PEG Judges

Well that sounds like it's sorted.

Some cracking advice here and fast too.
08-27-2009, 05:29 AM   #8

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thank you thank you!!! No one here knew what I was talking about. Thanks Nass for emplaining how, who knew what a widget was????
Wheeee!