Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-27-2009, 12:37 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K20D from Ebay

just bought a K20D kit for 1300 that comes with the battery grip, 18-55, 70-200 lenses and an 8G card - as well as some other extras - all for 1200.00
ive read many reviews of the K20 that say it could be one of the better DSLRs for shooting time lapse and HDR photos. i use CS3, photomatix and topaz adjust for all my HDR needs - as well as noise reduction software - so i am not worried about the noise 'problems' most people complain about with the K20.
does anyone know how long the camera will stay powered with the battery pack on?
the rig should be here on saturday - cant wait!!

08-27-2009, 01:52 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My k20 gets a good charge with the battery grip. It does seem to use a bit more juice than my k10. In theory a fully charged k20+grip should be good for 700-800 images. I think of it more in days. If I'm going to do a weekend shoot, I'll just make sure that both batteries are full. I never seem to run out. How you use the camera makes a difference too, us of things like liveview and say sensor cleaning will make the battery life shorter.

You can adust how the batteries are used too from the k20's menu, grip first or body first or both. I shoot HDR and have done long exposures with both my k20 an k10 and they've given me excellent results. You will want to get an exernal shuter release for it if you're doing HDR and long exposure. Enjoy. I love mine.
08-27-2009, 02:04 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome here insulin...
The K20D's a fine camera, though almost any dSLR will give you good long exposure and bracketing results - it'll be up to the photographer who uses the camera to get the right shot!

You won't be disappointed - the Li-ion battery is quite a reliable power source and does last longer than AA rechargeables, so is a good cost effective battery - though I'd suggest having at least 3 batteries if you have the camera and grip, 2 to go into the body and 1 spare for those extra long shooting days... you may have some of those yet...
08-28-2009, 01:53 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

....and dont forget enough 8/16GB SDHC cards....

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Welcome here insulin...
The K20D's a fine camera, though almost any dSLR will give you good long exposure and bracketing results - it'll be up to the photographer who uses the camera to get the right shot!

You won't be disappointed - the Li-ion battery is quite a reliable power source and does last longer than AA rechargeables, so is a good cost effective battery - though I'd suggest having at least 3 batteries if you have the camera and grip, 2 to go into the body and 1 spare for those extra long shooting days... you may have some of those yet...

08-28-2009, 02:59 PM   #5
Veteran Member

i can run one camera on one charge all day through a wedding. ill shoot for ten hours or more and sometimes pull close to a thousand images on a heavy day.

aint no thang.

i've never had a camera battery die on a wedding day.