Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-12-2009, 09:53 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
Bugs? How are you shooting bugs with these?
Well, not particullary bugs, but say you're shooting a landscape. Then suddenly, you see a beautiful butterfly or dragonfly landing on a plant not far away from you... Have to switch lens and put on the 90mm macro.

And my adapter is one which allows infinity focus. There is a metal part (don't know if the ones without infinity have this) that moves and when the ring in place, you have to bend that piece again and then unscrew. The first time I wanted to screw it of, I wondered what blocked it. And it's a small copper piece in the body of the camera. I don't know yet what it is for..

So, plenty of seconds allready passed by before you can even put on the other lens.
And waste of time is higher probability to miss nice pictures. While street shooting, you can take more time perhaps. But I'm not in that for the moment.

That's why I still keep the s-m-c 50mm 1.4

10-12-2009, 04:45 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You could get a screw-on macro adapter or a Raynox. These work very well with a normal lens you may already have on your camera. Not as good as a dedicated macro lens but good in a pinch.