Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2009, 04:28 PM   #1

Custom settings and color

I have the K200D and the DA 18 - 55mm lens.

How do you get more color out of the pictures when you are not using the default settings like portrait or night shot?

I've read the manual, but if you could explain some of the custom menu to me, or what settings would do what or be best, that'd be awesome.

08-30-2009, 04:54 PM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome here.
How are you shooting? In RAW or JPEG?
If RAW, you do all your colour adjustments in PP (your preferred software).
If JPEG, I'd suggest finding the quality settings that suit you best, starting with boosting sharpness and contrast at least by one notch (they should be in the photo recording settings menu). You may need to go further +ve with the contrast if still not up to your liking, or adjust saturation - but beware, overdoing this may leave you with irreparable clipping and oversaturation.
08-31-2009, 08:30 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Note the "custom settings" are not where you mess with color. The JPEG color settings are accessed by the Fn menu. if you want brighter color, then saturation is what you want to increase. but you might want to calibrate your monitor first - K200D default colors are already pretty bright, and it's possible it's your monitor that is not rendering them correctly.