Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-07-2009, 09:33 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by huntly2 Quote
Not knowing how to do it, I would like some kind person to please give me detailed instructions on how to upload pictures for forum analysis.
There are lots of ways, but my favorite is to uplaod the picture somewhere else - a free photobucket account works great, since it preserves EXIF info - then simply copy and paste the url of the image here. If you use flickr, it will strip out the EXIF info. and that's what we'll need to see to tell what you might have done wrong or if the camera did something bad. Doesn't need to be a big image at all - 400x600 is plenty for judging exposure.

I'm guessing you're simply ecnountering the very common issue of not realizing just how bright the sky is and how the camera can't read your mind and realize you don't care if the sky comes out too bright in the picture. It's completely normal for a pciture with the sky in the background to sho the sky looking lovely - or too dark, if it dominates the scene, because the camera wants the scene to come out as dark as an 18% gray card, and if the picture is mosly sky, that's too dark. This is a problem as old as photography. Luckily, the solutions are that old too - you either make sure the ky is not part of the scene when you meter (for instance by pointing at the ground and then using AE-L to lock the exposure), or dial in positive compensation whenever shooting a backlit scene.

09-07-2009, 03:59 PM   #17

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Have you read this yet? - https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/site-suggestions-errors-help/314-explanat...-features.html The information you need should be there.
There you go again, making someone do something for themselves!
09-07-2009, 04:11 PM   #18
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
There you go again, making someone do something for themselves!
Now isn't that just terrible!