Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-07-2009, 10:02 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Uploading Images for comment

I am not sure of how to best display images on the Forum? I use both Elements 6 & Lightroom 2.

LR2 has *newer?* jpeg options which seem not to be permitted. I would like to retain as much detail as possible so I can get some constructive comments on what I am doing. Also, I am not sure I am understanding how to get to that optimum size for display. Am I correctly assuming jpeg is the best file type to upload? I wish there was a thread: *uploading digital images for old Dummies*

Thank you for any help.

Attached Images

09-07-2009, 01:51 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi there.
Saving for web is an option you can use in Adobe's software, but not sure about LR.
Generally have your images resized to a max. of 800 pixels wide/600 high and 90 pixels per inch or so. Then save for web. This brings the image to a manageable 50-100kb, which can then easily be uploaded to the forum or your favourite photo hosting site.
09-07-2009, 02:40 PM   #3
Veteran Member

i usually make sure to save it to sRGB. i resize to fit 640pix wide and constrain proportions. also, i knock the quality level down one or two..
09-13-2009, 04:00 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Best is to post it to somewhere like Flickr where you can upload larger, high-quality versions, and then link to it from here.