Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2009, 09:05 PM   #16
iht
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
And yes, focussing...

Speaking as a newbie, I find manual focus difficult and slow (esp when taking photos of people in social settings - they get impatient!), although I'm getting more used to it now. I made myself learn the manual-everthing way on a 1969 Super Tak 50mm 1.4.

I use a split focus screen (there are plenty of posts in this forum on it) on my DS, which helps somewhat, but I still find focus hard to nail when shooting at anywhere below f2.0. This is probably a lack of skills on my part though.

And btw, I got the M version of the lens, which I also got from a package that costs way less than its normal price (which is already low). I'd highly recommend it. The M version of the lens requires you to press the green button to meter, which is a bearable annoyance for me.

But yeah, I miss autofocus...so I'll eventually pick up a FA 50mm (I thought about selling the 1.2 in exchange, still thinking....).

09-13-2009, 09:07 PM   #17
iht
Site Supporter

Sorry...I meant I have the M version of the 1.7. I got the K version of the 1.2.
09-14-2009, 08:16 AM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jolee1990 Quote
yeah i have a 50 f1.4
but i would like to try the 1.2
What limitations are you running into with your 50/1.4 that make you think investing hundreds of dollars in a 50/1.2 would make a difference? Do you have sample pictures that show the problems you are hoping to solve?

No offense intended, but I don't think you realize just how specialized a lens a 50/1.2 really is. And based on your statements about not totally understanding what these numbers mean, I'm guessing you probably don't actually have any need for such a specialized lens.
09-14-2009, 12:24 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
What limitations are you running into with your 50/1.4 that make you think investing hundreds of dollars in a 50/1.2 would make a difference? Do you have sample pictures that show the problems you are hoping to solve?

No offense intended, but I don't think you realize just how specialized a lens a 50/1.2 really is. And based on your statements about not totally understanding what these numbers mean, I'm guessing you probably don't actually have any need for such a specialized lens.

probably the OP wants to produce those surreal images that the 1.2 is able to produce. but owning or having one alone doesn't allow you to produce such images automatically.