Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-15-2009, 05:45 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K2000 drops frames occasionally

I'm not sure if I'm using the right terminology. Once in a while my K2000 takes a picture that is totally black. It will continue to take pics as normal after a dropped frame. The most recent time that it happened the battery indicator was partially depleted, but the camera kept working for dozens more shots before I was done. I don't ever use it to totally deplete the batteries.

Is this something that others have experienced?

09-15-2009, 11:24 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would suggest trying a different memory card. Sometimes cards are not as good as they might be. All black could be a card read/write problem. it's the quickest and cheapest to test in any case.
09-15-2009, 11:39 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I did experiened this with my DS when it was new. It happened a few times within the 1st week and the mirror/shutter actually sounded different when it happened. I believe the mirror/shutter was out of sync somehow. I ran shutter release aging in the debug mode and it self-fired for a hundred runs or so, then the problem never occurred again. I still cannot see how it could happen however.
09-17-2009, 07:32 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I don't know if that's a common thing,but yes it could be the type of memory card.Have you tried reformatting your card,then taking some pictures or using a different card?Maybe also putting some fully charged batteries at the same time.If it keeps doing this,hopefully your camera is still under warranty.Get someone to check out the problem.

09-21-2009, 01:04 AM   #5

dragonfly - This is almost certainly due to the memory card. A good test is to hold the release down for the longest burst lour camera can record. (within reason!)
If possible return the card for refund and buy a reputable brand. I have been using Kingston SDHC. I have one 8 GB of these cards and two 16 GB cards. I have never dropped a frame - K10D and K20D.
I have however experienced it with other cards.