Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-21-2009, 11:35 PM   #1
Inactive Account

wedding blues

i shot a wedding this past weekend and some of the images came out slightly blurred and out of focus. is their anything i can do to fix those images?and the sad part is i shot in jpeg instead of raw. please help !!

09-22-2009, 03:06 AM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome here, but a sad way to introduce yourself...

Depends on how bad the blur comes out and where the blur is as to whether something can be done to improve them.

Even shooting RAW cannot really help a blurry image.

You just have to try out several methods of sharpening using the software of your choice and hope for the best.
09-22-2009, 03:31 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by WTurnerphotography Quote
i shot a wedding this past weekend and some of the images came out slightly blurred and out of focus. is their anything i can do to fix those images?and the sad part is i shot in jpeg instead of raw. please help !!
You can try what Ash said,but if they are blurry,then trying to get them back into focus will be big ask.
09-22-2009, 06:55 AM   #4
graphicgr8s

Every once in a while I have gotten lucky with using a small gaussian blur and then smart sharpen. It still won't be razor sharp but more like I used a soft focus lens. Again it totally depends on how bad it is to start. You just can't really make an out of focus picture magically in focus.

09-22-2009, 07:03 AM   #5
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

There are several methods in Photoshop to help but nothing will bring a soft image back to what you hoped for.

A good tool is Recover Detail and Sharpen Your Blurred Photos and worth buying if you have a number of shots to correct. It has a free trial to see if you like what it does. That being said any of these shots that have heavy post processing done to them will not hold well to big enlargements. I would recommend converting every image to a TIFF before you do any editing to try and preserve as much detail through the edits as possible.

Tough way to say hello on the forums.
09-22-2009, 06:27 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks folks...the help is greatly appreciated !
09-23-2009, 04:59 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I've saved a few blurry pictures by applying obvious/deliberate effects, such as high contrast, high contrast black and white, Gaussian blur overlays for the "dreamy" look, sepia, etc. Use sparingly though; overusing effects could make it look gimmicky.