Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2009, 08:04 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Carl Zeiss Biotar 2/58mm T

I bought this lens and I was trying to take some pics using a genuine M42 Pentax PK adapter.

My problem now is that the lens keeps moving when I'm focusing or stepping down. It is such a tiny lens and it does not sit properly on the mount like any Pentax lens.

How do I fix this?

Thanks

10-13-2009, 09:44 AM   #2
Igilligan

I am assuming the CZ biotar is like the Helios 44-2 (which I believe to be a copy)

Because the base of the lens where it should hit the camera lens mount is so small, it actually rides against the M42 to K adaptor... Is that what you are seeing?

If so, the issue is the play between the adapter and the camera mount. There used to be a thread on here about slight bending the "ears" on the adaptor to tighten it a little, but I cant find it in the "search". I did not attempt to bend mine as I was afraid it would make it too tight and then it might be a pain to get off!

Mine does the same thing as yours, but it does not really cause any problems, it just feels funky.

My Helios 44M has a big base and sits directly against the Lens Mount.