Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-18-2009, 02:16 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
K200D Stopped Taking Photos

Hi,

I have been playing with the settings for my Pentax K200D and was taking photos fine earlier today.

When I turned the camera off and then on again top take some more photos it now will not function.

The Display is showing the total number of photos left to take and F--.

All settings except for Bulb and Manual exposure are set to the following.

Av Aperture Priority Auto Exposure.
When I press the Fn button, the OK button is light up with Custom Image.

I have reset the factory settings and this still remains.
I am unable to take any pictures or alter any settings or access the Flash.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Quentin

10-18-2009, 02:23 AM   #2
Damn Brit

Hi Quentin, you may have slipped the lens out of Auto function, it's sometimes happens when you mount a lens because that ring is right up against the camera. There may be a button you have to push to enable you to turn it back round to the A setting.
10-18-2009, 02:32 AM   #3
Veteran Member

The camera cannot read the lens data.
You will see F-- also with manual lenses attached, while not having custom settings to allow changing the aperture ring. (I do not have a K200D, so you'd need to look that up in the manual).

It is like Damn Brit says, if your lens has a manual/auto switch, you may have accidently pushed it in the wrong position, or there is an electrical contact problem between the lens and the camera.

- Bert
10-18-2009, 03:39 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the suggestions. As you said, I suspect the lens contacts as I had cleaned them and reset the lens but the problem still occurred. I then removed and cleaned the lens and individual contacts with a lens cleaning brush and all works OK now.

What would you suggest for the best cleaning process for lens and camera contacts.

Thanks for the help

Quentin

10-18-2009, 04:23 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by itrs Quote
Thanks for the suggestions. As you said, I suspect the lens contacts as I had cleaned them and reset the lens but the problem still occurred. I then removed and cleaned the lens and individual contacts with a lens cleaning brush and all works OK now.

What would you suggest for the best cleaning process for lens and camera contacts.

Thanks for the help

Quentin
Corrosion is mostly a result from acid like fluids, like skin moisture or non acid free fats.
Cleaning is best done with a soft clean cloth and a little foam of soft soap, then dryed carefully, or done by special corrosion contact cleaner.
I would not use a contact spray, you do not want to have spray particles enter the lens or body.

- Bert