Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2009, 10:40 AM   #1
New Member




Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Missouri
Posts: 8
Adobe products

I am new to digital photography, and as such I now have PS4, PS Elements, PS Lightroom 2.5 and Picasso on my hard drive. I am also loaded the software that came with my K-7. To make a long story short; which one of these program should I keep?

10-24-2009, 11:10 AM   #2
Pentaxian
Marc Sabatella's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 10,686
If you paid the big $$$ for CS4, might as well keep it. No need to keep Elements too; it's just a stripepd down version. Keep Lightroom too because it offers some wonderful conveniences over CS4 (see any of the various other similar threads in this or the post processing forum for more on this). You may well find LR to be more sited to your uses 99% of the time, but you'll be thankful to have CS4 for the other 1%. With Lightroom on your system you should have no need for Picasa. And any of these programs would render the Pentax software unnecessary.
10-24-2009, 03:26 PM   #3
Forum Member
Cloggie_UK's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: West Sussex, United Kingdom
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 87
Are we talking trial versions of these software packages as I cannot understand why you would spend lots of money on software and asking this question?
10-24-2009, 07:37 PM   #4
Pentaxian
Wheatfield's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The wheatfields of Canada
Posts: 10,043
Keep them all. What the heck, it's not like they'll go stale from sitting.

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, pentax help, photography, ps
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Misc Shooting products QFish Photo Critique 5 11-04-2010 02:41 AM
Vanguard Products stl09 Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 4 05-19-2009 10:12 AM
Availability of new Pentax products tcom Pentax News and Rumors 20 01-31-2009 07:54 AM
Some products zeek10d Post Your Photos! 8 06-06-2008 08:30 PM
Shooting products Gadget_Guy Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 19 03-12-2008 10:51 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:52 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top