Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2009, 06:27 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Setting shutter speed on K200

Howdy,
Can someone please tell me how to adjust the shutter speed on a K200... I have scanned the manual and am scratchin' my head! Please help!
Lightnin' storm is goin' and I want to get some good shots!
Thanks!

10-26-2009, 06:30 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Firstly, welcome to the forum Frank.

What mode are you in?
If you're in P or M mode you can adjust by holding down the EV button (+/-) and sliding the e-dial.
10-26-2009, 06:42 PM   #3

Actually unless this is configurable, on a K200 in M - the shutter speed is adjusted just by turning the dial. Holding down Av and moving the dial adjusts the aperture. In P though, what Ash said is correct.
10-26-2009, 06:42 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Frank.
The easiest way is to set the mode dial to 'Tv' and use the edial to set the shutter speed you want. Look in the viewfinder or the top LCD to watch it change.

Ash's approach is better if you want to control the other exposure settings too.

10-26-2009, 07:52 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thank you!

Thank you for the greeting and thanks for the quick response! I have had this camera for a year or so and mainly am satisfied with the automatic features except for fireworks and lightning... I like leaving the shutter open for a few seconds to catch the whole trail of light. The last time I treid was with my old konika minolta A200... it was a bummer for it to quit working after learning all the features over time.

10-27-2009, 08:56 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Always relying on automatic setting does one to forget other features at times.
It's a good thing we have this forum aside from the manual to consult.
Welcome to the forums!