Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2009, 03:19 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Cameraīs all settings not reset?

Hey.

I heard the other day, that the camera (k20d) not reset all settings in the camera, when using reset-function(s)? If you donīt send the camera for maintenance/service.

I heard it when I was going to borrow a personīs camera and he was so affraid that my settings (that I maby put in the camera) will stay for ever in the camera, and that the person can not change my settings back to his...

Does anyone know anything about this...?

10-27-2009, 05:30 AM   #2
Veteran Member

No where in any of my information have I ever seen anything to suggest this. Sounds as if your friend didn't want to loan his equipment out. jim
10-27-2009, 06:24 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Your friend should RTFM.
10-27-2009, 09:12 AM   #4
HeG

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Your friend should RTFM.
ööh? Okey, Iīm not good in those shortnings.

10-27-2009, 09:52 AM   #5
emr

RTFM = read the f...ine manual.
10-27-2009, 09:56 AM   #6

What your friend [U][I]might[U][I] be talking about is if you lend your computer to somone and s/he puts an SD card in that has an image on it with a higher numeric count, (imgp12900) I have heard that the camera will read that number and begin numbering all subsequent images at that number from this point forward.
10-27-2009, 05:25 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by HeG Quote
I heard the other day, that the camera (k20d) not reset all settings in the camera, when using reset-function(s)? If you donīt send the camera for maintenance/service.

I heard it when I was going to borrow a personīs camera and he was so affraid that my settings (that I maby put in the camera) will stay for ever in the camera, and that the person can not change my settings back to his...
Sounds like you or he is confusing two different things. The reset function *does* reset all settings back to the default - as in, the factory defaults the camera was set with. It doens't return the settings to however he happened to have it set up. So if you borrow the camera and change settings, it's true there is no magic button to push that will just automatically restore all things to how he had them - the reset button will undo *his* settings too. But of course, it's ridiculous to think that this means he can't get his settings back. He'd just have to remember / write down what his settings were, and check them all individually after getting the camera back. Or make you promise not touch the Menu button, so you don't change any settings.