Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-30-2009, 08:13 PM   #16
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Will has done an excellent job at addressing your questions, but to be honest there are some fundamental deficiencies in your knowledge that answers to individual questions cannot fill.

Do well to read the basic aspects of photography, the exposure triad, lighting and camera technique. You will find most of your answers will come from the understanding of these things.

10-31-2009, 06:26 AM   #17

Original Poster
Thank you all !

I will take into consideration all of your help and advice, read some more things and keep practicing!

You guys have been great, thank you
10-31-2009, 03:59 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There is this site that I think will help. It has an interactive camera simulator.

I would do this. There is a box [] there that you can check called "link aperature/shutter". Check that and then slide the shutter or the aperature, it automatically adjusts the other parameter to keep the picture the same. Uncheckable the box, and moving either the shutter or the aperature will modify the picture accordingly (making it lighter or darker).

Also, if you slide the aperature slide (while the box is checked), and notice the background. At f4 its blurry, while at f32 it is in sharp focus. That is called depth of field.

Again, if you slide the shutter speed slide, when its fast - the dog in the foreground will be sharp, however when it is slowed down (since the dog is suppose to be running), the dog will be blurry (cuz his legs are just moving as fast as he can pick them up and put them down).

Give it a try - you can't break it no matter how hard you try!!!

Aperture, shutter and ISO value | Camera Simulator

Another suggestion is an online book (down loadable) for $5 (plus you can take a look at their free online excerpts of the book). They have one on the K100D (not the K200D - but it will be close as they are very similar cameras K100 6MP - K200 10MP). Its better than the manual, as it ties things together a bit better than the manual. Take a look at the free download and it might help some...

k10dbook home

Another book for the K200 is the Magic Lantern Guide - its on Amazon for $13 US

http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Lantern-Guides-Pentax-K200D/dp/160059378X

There is another one that I found (I have not heard anything about this) for $20 David Busch's Pentax K200D Guide to Digital SLR Photography

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1598638025/acmorg-20

... but there is some information about it here --

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/51874-anyone-have-k200d-book.html

have fun!!

Last edited by interested_observer; 10-31-2009 at 04:19 PM.