Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-31-2009, 02:49 PM   #16

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
That's sound thinking when *not* using a tripod, so you can get fast enough shutter speeds to handhold (eg, 1/30" or faster). Images quality suffers a bit wide open, focus becomes trickier, and depth of field is very shallow, but at least you don't get blur from camera shake. When using a tripod, you don't have to worry about camera shake (assuming you use the 2-second timer and/or turn off SR).

I'd recommend a book on photography that explains the basics of exposure. Lots of people like "Understand Exposure" by Bryan Peterson, I know.
yes, thats exactly how i was thinking since ive never had a camera like this, never used a tripod, so i need to switch gears on that thinking now thx.

as for books, i got bunch's of them and read all the time on the internet, i understand it, just putting it into practice is something else.

Kinda like learning to drive a car, i know what the gas and brake pedal DO, but its a different story when you actually have to push them for the first time is the trick!

10-31-2009, 05:32 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Evening,

Take a look at this thread, as it addresses a lot of the same issues.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-photography-techniques-styles/653...otography.html

hope that helps...
10-31-2009, 07:12 PM   #18

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
Evening,

Take a look at this thread, as it addresses a lot of the same issues.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-photography-techniques-styles/653...otography.html

hope that helps...
yes thanks, those pics were crazy, cant wait to get out and try it again!