Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-02-2009, 02:17 PM   #1

Pentax Software for .PEF?

I did like PENTAX PHOTO Laboratory, but now has I a new computer and my plan was to install the program again. I found the program on Pentax web-site and read the instruction:
1. Download and save the file into appropriate folder on your Hard disk
2. Double click the downloaded file
3. The Installer will start, following to the installation display
4. When the installation will be completed and the massage is displayed, click [Finish].

So I did download the program, and did start it with a double click, but there did it end, the instruction was not:

1. See that you already has the program installed or has the original CD, then download the program and pray that you find the CD or that old silver-plastic still works.

So I must have the CD, but it was 3 years ago, and my kid or wife has made sure that I never will find that CD again, I do not even think I did save the the box left.

No, I do not use Adobe and the freeware alternatives that I found was no good or to complicated. Okay, I work in Gimp, but UFRaw did not take advantage of the camera settings. To say is straight out: I want PENTAX PHOTO Laboratory.

So what do I now?

I can only think of three solutions, two of the solutions involves The Pirate Bay or Hacking, so therefor is there only one solution left: Get a new camera and let it be a Nikon, just for Nikon's software is free and you do not need a original CD to install or use them.

But I also love my Pentax (I am not crazy), so what is the fourth solution?

11-03-2009, 07:00 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If all fails, you may want to ask someone near by to make a copy of his/her's CD and give / mail you a copy, or to make it down loadable available as an ISO file.

- Bert