Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2009, 07:48 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-x Pictures

Hey guys!

i'm new to Pentax DSLR's and i love it, got the kx, here' my Flikr stream from yesterdays shoot... from the forest to the city, and the stars... any comments would be much appreciated, also any tips on uploading pics to here would be great!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andrewce_lang/

thanks guys... oh and all the pics were taken either with the k-x kit lens... or the FAJ 75-300mm, !

11-05-2009, 08:15 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Some interesting, albeit a bit gloomy scenes there. Colours and detail come through very well though.

A few questions:

No EXIF properties seem to have been retained in any of the images on flickr? Something seems to have stripped all that metadata out. It's handy to have it visible to look at f stop, shutter etc used with an image.

And why did you need to use the Adobe DNGConvertor? The K-x can save to DNG directly. No need to futz about with PEF > DNG conversions or stuff like that.
11-05-2009, 08:55 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Ditto on the EXIF thing. I wanted to see what ISO those shots were taken in. Please don't strip out the EXIF is possible.
01-04-2010, 04:36 PM   #4

Original Poster
i've uploaded them with i photo, i wonder if that strips them off... some of them are film -> digital Conversions

if you ask what pic i can look it up

01-04-2010, 04:38 PM   #5

Original Poster
Funny thing guys.... i can't even get the exif up on my computer... it started working fine right after too.... wierd!
01-04-2010, 05:15 PM   #6
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Flickr will show the EXIF data, if you click the "More properties" link in the Additional Info section in the right column. You get this page:

Flickr: More detail about IMGP6031
01-08-2010, 02:32 AM   #7

Photos: Gallery
Nice shot of the fireworks. Which mode did you use ? Manual bulb setting ? Handheld or tripod and remote ?

01-08-2010, 02:51 AM   #8

nice shots of hydrant )
01-08-2010, 10:50 AM   #9

IMGP6348 looks like my desk!!!
01-08-2010, 11:06 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bnorikane Quote
Flickr will show the EXIF data, if you click the "More properties" link in the Additional Info section in the right column. You get this page:

Flickr: More detail about IMGP6031
I was about to say this as well. It seems whenever someone links to some photos on flickr that inevitably there are several quick posts about no EXIF info - it is there, just not in the image!
01-24-2010, 09:08 PM   #11
Inactive Account

I am about to get this camera. A lot of these pics seem out of focus, as if the AF focused more on the closer side. Am I the only one seeing this? Is this a general problem?
01-24-2010, 09:56 PM   #12
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by pxpaulx Quote
I was about to say this as well. It seems whenever someone links to some photos on flickr that inevitably there are several quick posts about no EXIF info - it is there, just not in the image!
It Is in the photo if the Original size is shown (if it was Ever there in the upload). Most people who complain (should say state) that they cannot see it are using a right mouse click followed by view image exif data (that would be my guess anyway). Most images people show us in flicker are images, most don't give us the actual catalog or set. The images linked are often not the originals but reduced size, which flicker does strip the Exif data from.

Example, Here's a medium sized photo (no exif attached).

Here's the link to the full sized version.. If your browser is set up for it, you should be able to right click the image and view exif data.

FULL SIZE

Neither one of them will show you the actual album where the view properties options are there. To get that the poster must show us the entire set,

Full Set Album

Or if they show us the page that contains the photo

Such As

Get the Picture??
01-25-2010, 10:56 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lollavid Quote
I am about to get this camera. A lot of these pics seem out of focus, as if the AF focused more on the closer side. Am I the only one seeing this? Is this a general problem?
Well, that's what any AF system will generally do if you let it pick where to focus. If it's not what you want, make sure you tell the camera to aim somewhere else.