Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-06-2009, 12:52 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Reverse adapter question

Hope this is in the right forum...
I am thinking about getting a reverse adapter (to mount lenses backwards on a K mount camera) as an inexpensive alternative for macro shots, but all Iíve seen are 3rd party adapters.
Iíve read about problems with 3rd party M42 lens to K mount adapters getting stuck. It seems the general consensus is to use an authentic Pentax adapter.
Does the same apply for reverse adapters? Anybody with experience out there? Are some brands better than others? Thanks.

11-06-2009, 01:28 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Third party reverse adapter is fine.

I have a copy of the genuine Pentax version from the Pentax bellows kit. In use, it's not different from the knock-off version.
11-06-2009, 04:11 PM   #3
Veteran Member

It is just a threaded ring so it won't be a problem.
I think they are available as plastic and metal ones.
I have a metal one courtesy of a friend.
The M42 adapters are different as it has a locking mechanism or spring which can loosen or get stuck.
This reverse adapter is much like a filter ring that is just threaded on one end (lens end) and a K-mount bayonet mount on the other end (camera end).