Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-13-2009, 08:22 PM   #1

An old might be dull question about FA/ limited

Hi all,

I just join the Pentax home with KM(DSLR) and start to burn my money with lens.

I have a plan to buy a new premise lens and I lost my mind in so much choice.

The main purpose is portrait but sometimes will also uses to snapshot a scenery.

Currently, my eyes was captured by FA lmited serial such as 31, 43, 77 due to their appearence. Sliver is so cool and "extraordinary".

However, someone declair that 43mm limited is just so so. It doesn't match its fame and price.

I was lost~

Any suggestion is helpful.

11-13-2009, 08:33 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Are you sure the 43 is not as good as the 31 and 77? Whoever said that doesn't know how wrong he is. Here are two taken with the 43 LTD by pcarfan.

QuoteQuote:

Source: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/587170-post15.html
11-13-2009, 08:37 PM   #3
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum.

All of the limiteds are fine pieces of engineering, solid builds to last a lifetime and unrivalled IQ. Check the forum's lens review database for more user reviews.
11-13-2009, 09:01 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by yaojinglin Quote
Hi all,

I just join the Pentax home with KM(DSLR) and start to burn my money with lens.

I have a plan to buy a new premise lens and I lost my mind in so much choice.

The main purpose is portrait but sometimes will also uses to snapshot a scenery.

Currently, my eyes was captured by FA lmited serial such as 31, 43, 77 due to their appearence. Sliver is so cool and "extraordinary".

However, someone declair that 43mm limited is just so so. It doesn't match its fame and price.

I was lost~

Any suggestion is helpful.

Each of them has it's own "personality" , strengths and weaknesses...and they complement each other extremely well. I have two of the three and can kick myself for not adding the 31ltd when I moved to Pentax earlier this year. I incorrectly assumed I could get away with the DA35ltd over the 31ltd...while the 35ltd is a stellar lense, the 31ltd provides shots that are just more dramatic. None of them is better than the other...so you need all of them...seriously...

I say all that teh 43ltd is a great lense and I have a love-hate thing with my 77ltd but only because I have not spent enough time with it. They opened a dawggie park near me so I think I might get out with it a bit more often as it's walking distance on days when I am up to the walk.

11-13-2009, 09:55 PM   #5

Original Poster
Hi All,

Thanks for your information.

The pictures are great and impressive.

You know, I don't have su budget to buy a lot of lens recently. So, I need a performance/price choice.

I currently have a DA18-55mm, the kit len.
11-13-2009, 10:00 PM   #6
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The usual options for value for money are the Tamron zooms 17-50 and 28-75, as well as the Pentax FA 50 f/1.4 and DA 16-45 (in the range of the kit lens).
11-13-2009, 10:06 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by yaojinglin Quote
Hi All,

Thanks for your information.

The pictures are great and impressive.

You know, I don't have su budget to buy a lot of lens recently. So, I need a performance/price choice.

I currently have a DA18-55mm, the kit len.
Well, that is a different issue than asking about the three FA Limited lenses. I would second the suggested zooms if you are not happy with your kit lense. If you want a prime limited lense that is useful in a wide range consider the DA35mm Macro Limited (an exceptional lens) or the DA40mm Limited. The 40mm Limited is an excellent lens.

it all depends on your budget and what you like to shoot? Those two answers will help guide your choice.
11-13-2009, 10:09 PM   #8

Original Poster
Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

FA50 1.4 raise its price one time within this year. It let me feel that it doesn't worth its current price.

I was also considering changing a zoom lens rather than a premise len.

Just too much choice but too little money I have...

God blessing me.

11-13-2009, 11:44 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
Are you sure the 43 is not as good as the 31 and 77? Whoever said that doesn't know how wrong he is. Here are two taken with the 43 LTD by pcarfan.

Source: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/587170-post15.html

UH HUH!
Pcarfan made me buy my 43 Limited, that first frog image made me do it!

11-14-2009, 05:56 AM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Raybo Quote
UH HUH!
Pcarfan made me buy my 43 Limited, that first frog image made me do it!

Yes. You are right.

The flog is really impressive.
This is the first time I found that flog can be such a "nice" thing.

Maybe, that's the meaning of photograph.

:>