Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-15-2009, 01:33 AM   #1
Forum Member

Help! How to join PPG?

Can anyone advise me about how to join the PPG. I tried to send a lot of e-mail but never received any answer.

Thanks!

11-15-2009, 01:51 AM   #2
Inactive Account

I have also send them an Email.

Dont think you should send them anymore.

I can imagine it takes time for them to look at everyone.

I was thinking the other day: "Whats the thing about PPG?" "Whats does it give me to have pictures there?"

Im thinking: Nothing!

I can see all the great pictures there and the poeple taking them are sure good at what they do. But there isnt any more to it.

Look at the picture post here in the forum! There are great pictures posted there. I would say, go out and take pictures and show them to your family and friends and make an good website for your pictures. You WILL get much more recognition for your work that way
11-15-2009, 04:06 AM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, there is no more to it than pride in your own work and the ability to share the PPG gallery with others online.

It may take a little while to activate your account, so be patient. But once done, start submitting just for fun!
11-15-2009, 04:28 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It usually takes a couple of weeks to get an invitation to the PPG. Once you get it, you can log in and vote on photos as well as submit your own. I think that PPG is something that allows your work to truly be judged by others and if you get a photo in, it is a rush. On the other hand, the standards are high and if (like me) you have a lot of photos declined, it can be discouraging.

Just one e mail should be sufficient.

11-15-2009, 10:25 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like a lot of fun to me, anyway. It's kind of a resource-intensive site for my old computer, but I've been waiting for a reply to my own email for some time, now that you mention it. Wonder if I missed it.