Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-16-2009, 04:10 PM   #1

White K-x Body to smudge?

I am looking (eagerly) to purchase the K-x in White. I've had a couple of people comment on how it would probably smudge, get dirty, or grimey. Anyone have any experience with this. If so, could you wipe the body w/a mild solvent (denautred alchol) to clean the body.

11-16-2009, 04:27 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I would use white out or correction tape.
11-16-2009, 04:42 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had the same questions, could find no opinions on the year old white K2000's that have been out. I emailed Pentax, they said they hadn't heard anything of that or yellowing.

I've had mine for a couple weeks and it looks very nice. Once I got a little dirt on it, but it wiped off easily. Other than that, even without washing my hands sometime, have not noticed any blemishes on it.

It also looks a LOT better in person IMO - I only bought it because it was different, red/blue were too long of a wait, but was pleasantly surprised when it arrived after having regrets by looking at the pictures I could find for weeks.

Last edited by Eruditass; 11-16-2009 at 05:16 PM.
11-16-2009, 05:39 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Dirt and grime is probably more noticeable on white when you handle all the time.At least people know that you are using your Pentax.Darker colours probably get as dirty,but you don't see it.Just keep your hands clean as possible.Wipe your camera over with a good quality cloth every time.And that should keep the staining to a low!