Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-18-2009, 09:54 AM   #1

Warranty info?

Reposting a question which got buried in another thread. Can anyone tell me the difference between a Pentax international warranty that I can get purchasing a camera off Ebay vs. a US warranty received when buying from an authorized Pentax dealer?

Thanks

11-21-2009, 12:16 AM   #2
Inactive Account

I am in the same boat - I am looking to buy a K7 from Amazon. best price I could find at the moment, but live in Australia. Will use a US address for this purchase as Amazon will not ship to Australia. The Pentax website has this to say:

International Warranty Card
New PENTAX products do not automatically come with an international warranty that covers all PENTAX products around the world. However, it is possible to obtain an International Warranty Card through PENTAX Imaging Company after you have purchased a PENTAX product. If you bought your PENTAX product in the United States and are traveling to a foreign country for an extended period of time, we can send you an International Warranty Card to cover your product while you are abroad. We will also send you a list of authorized service centers around the world.

To obtain an International Warranty Card, please send the below-listed items to PENTAX Imaging Company, 600 12th Street, Suite 300, Golden, CO 80401:
A copy of your dated proof of purchase, with the name and address of the U.S. dealer.
The serial number on your PENTAX product (if it has one).

If you bought your PENTAX product in another country, and you are planning to visit the United States, we can send you an International Warranty Card to cover your product while you are within the United States. You will need to send us the following items:
A copy of your dated proof of purchase.
The serial number on your PENTAX product (if it has one).
We will fill out an International Warranty Card and mail it to you. The time period and product coverage provided by the International Warranty Card is the same as the standard PENTAX Limited Warranty (as specified above).