Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-20-2009, 03:36 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Photo Printing

I am fairly new to all of this and was wondering where some of you get your photos printed? I have taken a few shots that I would like to get printed, say 11 x 17 or 8 x 10, have them dry mounted and framed. Do most of you get this done locally, or is there a place that you send your images (digitally) to have this service done for you?

Thanks,

11-20-2009, 05:24 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

My favorite two places to getting printing done are Adorama (Online photo sharing and digital photo printing from AdoramaPix.com) and Mpix (Mpix.com - Home). There are a lot of cheaper places, but many of them don't give quite as good quality.
11-20-2009, 10:03 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks rondec,

I'll give them a try!!
11-20-2009, 12:23 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Try your local labs first.
Support local businesses. Even your Local Wal-Mart might just do a good job, and you are then supporting local employment.

11-20-2009, 01:58 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Costco is also a good bet for large print done cheap and well.
11-20-2009, 02:50 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Another voice...

...from the wilderness.

I use Costco for prints larger than 8 x 10. They are cranking out 12 x 18 prints for $3.00, which is cheaper than the paper and ink to do it yourself. I've never gotten a bad print from them.

For 8 x 10 and smaller, I do them myself. The mass merchandisers have Epson all-in-one printers that scan, copy and print quite good photos in the $120 range. Since I need a household printer for school and club correspondence, the photo capability is a bonus. Color 8 x 10s run about $1.00 using genuine Epson paper and ink and the quality is far better than I ever got from Kodak or Mon-key when I was using 35mm.

Sig
11-22-2009, 06:39 AM   #7
Adorama Camera Representative

Message from Helen at Adorama Camera

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
My favorite two places to getting printing done are Adorama (Online photo sharing and digital photo printing from AdoramaPix.com).....
Thanks for the recommendation;very much appreciated: Everything you wanted to know about Adorama Camera........but didn't know who to ask!: How to set up a new account with AdoramaPix

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

helen.oster@adoramacamera.com
Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera